Orchard Grove B&B is the perfect starting point for a holiday in the South East. The counties of the South East, from Wicklow to Wexford, are within easy reach, and if you want culture in the capital, Dublin is an hour away. You can plan to visit a different attraction every day, without a long car journey. And if you don’t want to drive, we’ll bring you to the train or bus station and you can reach your destination in comfort.
Here’s a flavour of the attractions you can sample in the five counties of the South-East.
- Carlow is Ireland’s unofficial garden county. You can explore the sumptuous gardens at Altamont House and Duckett’s Grove, or purchase some plants at the Arboretum Garden Centre. Or take a trip through time and visit Europe’s largest dolmen, near Carlow town.
- Kilkenny is a county steeped in history and culture. You can visit Shankhill Castle in nearby Paulstown which is only a couple of minutes away with its House Tours, Ghost Tours and beautiful Gardens. Or you can visit the medieval city, with its castle and buzzing cafe and theatre scene. Tour around Rothe House, a beautifully preserved 15th century residence. Or venture a little further afield and visit Jerpoint Abbey in Thomastown, or Woodstock Arboretum in Inistioge. And you can be there within 20 minutes when you stay at Orchard Grove.
- It’s not a long way to Tipperary when you stay at Orchard Grove. In just one hour, you can be at the Rock of Cashel, one of Ireland’s top attractions. Hook Lighthouse and Kilkenny Castle are also worth a visit.
- Waterford, Ireland’s oldest city, is just 35 minutes away from Orchard Grove. Explore the city’s heritage in the Viking Triangle, which features museums, a theatre and Waterford Crystal showrooms. Or venture further into the county and explore Waterford’s unspoilt coastline.
- Wexford is the ancestral home of former US President John F. Kennedy and you can explore his legacy at the Kennedy Homestead and the Kennedy Arboretum. New Ross is home to the Dunbrody Famine Ship, which pays tribute to those who emigrated during the famine. Or you can explore Ireland’s military history at Duncannon Fort.
Let Orchard B&B be your home away from home while you’re touring the South East. Call us on +353 (0)59 9722140 to get your holiday off to a great start.