Orchard Grove is an excellent starting point for walking trips along the scenic Barrow route, known as the Camino of the South-East. Follow the towpath along the riverbank, framed by trees and flowers, and take in the lush, verdant landscape. The terrain is gentle, so it’s suitable for walkers of all abilities.
At intervals along the route, there are working locks, and you can watch the water rise and fall. The Barrow is a tranquil river, but it’s also a busy one, and you’ll see barges, narrowboats and canoes as you walk along.
Stop and explore the pretty villages along the Barrow Route, like Bagenalstown, Goresbridge, Graiguenamanagh & St Mullins. This wonderful walking route is just a stone’s throw from Orchard Grove B&B.
We’ll make sure your walking holiday goes as smoothly as possible. We will:
- Bring you to the start of the walking route and collect you when you’re finished (on request).
- Provide washing and drying facilities for your clothes if required.
- Cook you an evening meal when you return from your day’s walking, upon request.
- Guests are more than welcome to bring their own wine / beer if they wish to accompany their evening meal.
- Recommend walking routes and places to go in the evenings.
|Special Walking Offer||Price Per Person Sharing|
|1 Night B&B + Dinner + Packed Lunch||€65|
|2 Nights B&B + 1 Dinner + 2 Packed Lunches||€110|
Planning a walking holiday in the South East? Why not start your holiday at Orchard Grove B&B? Call us today on +353 (0)59 9722140.